Pages

Friday 6 January 2012

Stiff and cold

Beautifulphotography02_large

Two little boys had to walk back home to their little village. It was a long way and one of them knew the way, the other one didn’t. 
The older boy took the younger by the hand and said: 
Come with me.
But how do I know you’re leading me the right way?
Because I’m telling you I know the way. Trust me.
So they went walking through the woods.
When they came to a creek the younger one got scared: 
How do I know you’re not throwing me into the ice-cold water to get rid of me?
Why should I get rid of you? We’ve got a long way to walk and you’re good company.
So they crossed the creek, the older boy helped the younger boy and they kept walking.
They came to a lake. The older boy knew there was a boat hidden under a bush and went straight ahead, making a sign, so the younger boy would enter the boat, too.
The younger boy hesitated: 
Why should I enter that boat with you? You certainly want to throw me into the water! You want to walk faster and I’m disturbing you. I won’t enter this boat!
Oh, come on! We’ve come so far and I always helped you! Why would I get rid of you? Hurry, it’s dark and cold, come into the boat!
No. I won’t. 
The older boy tried to convince the younger one, but he didn’t succeed. So he went to cross the lake, planning to ask for help to get the younger boy back to the village.
The younger one stayed at the shore.  It was a long, cold night.  
When the older boy came back with some people from the village to rescue the little boy in the early morning, it was too late.
They only found his frozen body at the lake shore. Stiff and cold. Blue. Dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment